Wednesday, December 5, 2007

So our camera broke :(

I was going to wait to write this blog until our camera got fixed so I could take a picture but it looks like that won't be happening any time soon.

Austin has colored, and I mean really colored!, for the first time!!! This has been an ongoing process for months. He started out wanting to eat the crayons, then he realized what they were for and had no interest in them after making one small mark. And then he finally tried to color but didn't put enough pressure on the colors so no marks were made. But After I bought some flat tip crayons, he colors and loves it! He colored one whole sheet of white paper and then cried when I put the colors away which was sad but the best thing ever! I will save that picture forever :) Too bad I could not share it with my fellow readers.

Also, he is now pointing to his own toes when we ask which is HUGE! He has pointed to other body parts before but only on us not himself because he lacks self awareness. Not sure what brought this on except that I play with feet all the time but we are really excited and are still trying to teach him other body parts as well.

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

That's great! :)

N said...

FIX your camera!!1 I want to see Austin's pic! or take it to a Kinko's & get it scanned!

GFCF Mommy said...

I agree, FIX your camera! We all cannot wait to see the artist's original work!

Also, POINTING IS HUGE! Austin sounds like he is really starting to make some major breakthroughs!

What a great Christmas gift!

Hugs!

Katherine