Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A nice day for a walk

WOW! Today was actually higher than 50 something degrees so we went for a walk to the park and just around our neighborhood. We haven't really been out like that for a few months due to the cold weather and I can definitely see some improvements in Austin. Mere months ago, he didn't really pay attention to things around him outside but today he got really excited about the birds, squirrels, dogs, and even cars driving past us! He looked everytime I pointed out something which is just amazing. I can remember trying to point out squirrels when we lived in Illinois but he just didn't really follow my pointing. Also, at the park, I let him just run around and play and he actually was interested in the park equipment. A few months ago, he would have just tried to run off but he stayed near me and in the park the entire time! YAY!! I can't wait for warmer days!

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Lovely to hear progress like that!
Roll on the summer!