Sunday, November 25, 2007

2 months in

So yesterday was 2 months on this diet. We still have not seen any results and are more and more frustrated each day. I have read about the gluten taking up to 3 months to leave the system but to not see ANY change in behavior is not encouraging me. There has been little developments like riding on his car and learning "book" sign but those are things I really feel he would have picked up b/c we were doing those things on a daily basis.

DH and talked briefly about it and we are not sure whether to continue on for another month, try to eliminate more items such as soy, or to give up. When I started I knew that the diet may or may not work and it's possible that it just may not be for Austin but it is just crappy to see that this hasn't worked so far b/c we were hopeful after most of our therapists said that he would be a good candidate for the diet do to some possible food allergies.

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

Hey, I'm going to email you later but just wanted to say: try to stay on the diet a little longer b/c the moms on my autism board say that sometimes it takes longer than a few months to see the dramatic changes. We're going to do it for at least 6 months...will start next week. Hang in there!

N said...

J - Which Autism Board is Cyndi referring to?

Unknown said...

not sure but I'll ask her. I know in her email she did tell me that she posts on the babycenter ASD board.