Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween & some other progress


Halloween was fun for us. We almost didn't go b/c we waited until the last minute to get a costume hence the lack of creativity but we found one 15 minutes before time to go (literally) and went out with two other couples and their kids. We stayed only on our block but we hauled in plenty of loot. Austin held my hand the entire time (which is good, b/c sometimes he wants to run away) and we walked up to the doors together. He didn't understand the concept of holding his bag out and he picked out candy a few times but ended up putting it back but it was still fun for me to get to do that with him. He also was not scared of any other kids; there were lots of them and some of them were loud so that was nice. In general, he was probably just happy to be outside.

Yesterday was a great day. Austin was in a very happy mood and he had no temper tanturms which was really nice b/c they seem to be increasing daily. And then this morning, I was sitting on the couch and he came over, grabbed my hand, and pulled me really hard like he wanted me up. So I got up and he continued pulling me until he had succeeded in getting me to the kitchen!!! Once we got there, he didn't really do anything but kinda wimper so I assumed he wanted to eat b/c he had just had juice. So I gave him a snack size serving of cereal and all was good after that. I really do hope he was telling me that he was hungry!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like progress to me!