Monday, November 5, 2007

He's telling me he's thirsty!!!!!

Austin is now leading me to the kitchen on a consistent basis and while at first I had no clue what he wanted, he is now finding his cup and bringing it to me before he takes my hand!!!

This may not sound as spectacular as I'm making it out to be but before this, Austin has never communicated to us when he is hungry or thirsty. So I think it is pretty awesome that he has figured out a way to tell me what he wants/needs!

On another good note, he really seems to be picking up the sign for "book". For a few months now, he always brings us books that he wants us to read to him and puts them in our lap but I know he needed a word so I've been teaching him book. He has been letting me do it hand over his hands but yesterday he did it for the first time by himself. It will take a while but at least I know that he knows what it means and he knows he needs to do it in order for us to read to him.

1 comment:

N said...

I can't believe you didn't tell us this! This is amazing news! Where do you keep the cups? I was trying to do the same thing but there is no where Victor can reach in the kitchen!