Thursday, September 27, 2007

4 days down; so far, so good

Not much new regarding food here today. Austin didn't eat much of anything he hasn't been eating except for breakfast. He ate a Van's GF blueberry waffle and loved it. I would like to give him some more fruits besides grapes but he loves them so much, plus he only eats like 8 at a time so I am trying to hurry and get rid of them before they go bad.

However, there was something new that happened with one of his toys. He has 3 riding toys and has had them since last Christmas but he has never really known how to ride them/make them go. Every now and then he'll sit on one of them and I'll push him around for a minute or move his feet for him to show him how to do it but if I stop, then he loses interest and gets off the toy. This morning, he was looking at his car so I asked him if he was going to ride it and he got on it and started moving his feet and made his way across the living room and into our entry way! WOOT! I am excited that he finally learned how to ride it.

Now, ask me if this is the diet's progress and I'll tell you I'm not really sure. I don't think it could be effective this soon and I'm a skeptic by nature anyway.What I think is that he probably would have learned soon if not today, just like with the waving and the "more" sign. But whatever it was, it was funny to watch him scooting around. :)

2 comments:

Kira's Mommy said...

I'm lobbying for more plate pictures!

Thanks for the food suggestions. I needed them. I'm out of energy. We just started giving Kira potatos. She loves em, so I'll try those grinch fries you recommended.

GFCF Mommy said...

I actually like the plate photos too! Hurray for Austin's new skills, "more" is awesome, took us a REALLY long time to accomplish that. My son flipped cars and trucks over for the longest time, never even thinking to ride them, so I think that is a milestone too! High fives all around!

Katherine