Monday, September 24, 2007

Our First Day GFCF



Above are pictures of lunch and dinner.

Today went really well and Austin didn't turn any food down except for the Glutino pretzels. He actually gulped down the vanilla soy milk so I guess that was tasty. I'm not sure what the deal is with the pretzels but he just didn't want to eat them. He's had pretzels before but the little sticks so perhaps he really wasn't sure what they were with the shape. Today he had:

Breakfast: 5oz soy milk & 1 bowl Gorilla Munch
Snack: 1 cup 100% apple juice (watered down) and a few pretzels
Lunch: 4oz soy milk, diced ham, peas & carrots, and grapes
Snack: Juice again and 1/4 organic apple
Dinner: 4oz soy milk and a meat mixture that I made using meat, rice, & tomato sauce, green beans, and grapes
Bedtime Snack: 4oz soy milk
Also had bottled water in between

I mentioned this before, but I have a toddler who is not picky at all regarding food. I have looked at many GFCF recipes online and I'll admit that many of them seem too difficult and time consuming for me especially considering the fact the DH and I are not going on this diet. The dinners I currently cook for DH and myself are very simple but good and don't require many ingredients or time. I'm going to try to do the same for Austin with this diet. For tonight's dinner, I made him the same thing that I use for stuffed bell peppers minus the cheese. And, if I would have thought about making this a few days ago, I would have picked up a bell pepper and sauteed it and chopped it up as a side for Austin instead of the green beans. Anyhoo, I had some leftover plain ground beef from last night's meal of nachos so I just cooked up a cup of rice, mixed in the ground beef, and added about 4oz of tomato sauce for flavor. His plate was empty after dinner :)

No comments: