Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tantrums, Tantrums, Tantrums...


On my friend's blog, she noted that her son has had increased tantrums and wondered if it could possibly be due to gluten withdrawals. Today, Austin had 3 tantrums but could this be the cause already? Or was it a combination of that and lack of nap because huge, loud trucks kept driving down our street and woke him up early?

Today's menu was about like yesterday except for dinner. He had yesterday's dinner leftovers for lunch today and will probably have them again tomorrow for lunch or Thursday for lunch. For this morning's snack, he had 100% grape juice watered down and 1/2 cup of applesauce. For an afternoon snack, he had 100% apple juice and Mott's all natural fruit snacks. I have always bought 100% juice and have always watered it down. Regular grocery stores carry the Motts and when I found out that they were GFCF, I was really excited b/c those were already one of Austin's favorite snacks. Dinner (above) was Ian's GFCF fish sticks, Ore Ida french fries, peas and carrots, and grapes. And once again, his plate was emptied!

2 comments:

GFCF Mommy said...

Hello! I am glad you added the comments section, I wanted to tell you that I think you, and your friends are off to a great start. I think it is a bit easier to do this diet if you can start when they are little!

This blog is a great way of tracking what your son eats and what the reaction is. It's terrific he is eating so well!

I am glad you and your friends have each other for "real life" support right now too. That is so important!

N said...

You know I still haven't found those Motts! I forgot to look the other day in Hannaford which is a different chain then the one I usually goto. Next time!