Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Sunday morning breakfast



I'm really bad in the kitchen. I can do okay with dinner as long as it simple but forget breakfast and anything that has to do with baking. A friend sent me this recipe in an email forever ago and I love it. I like omelets but I always always mess up when it comes to flipping/folding them. This recipe is simple and can be fun especially if you have guests over or your child(ren) is having a sleep over. The omelet I made for Austin is above. I only used one egg for him (because he won't eat any more than that) so it is smaller than what you would normally get. In his, I only put ham and seasoning this morning. But if I had some veggies on hand, I might have tried some diced cherry tomatoes and spinach as well. He also had some fruit on the side.


ZIPLOC OMELET

(This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet!!!)

Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them. Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and a great conversation piece.

4 comments:

N said...

wow, I've never heard of an omelet made this way! I'm going to have to try this soon.

Anonymous said...

what a great new way to make omlets. even doing the south beach thing, this will be easier for me after i wake up. keep up the good work you are doing with austin bear. i'm glad he is showing some progress , really impressed. mom

Unknown said...

This I have GOT to try. I love omlettes. And I'm very intrigued by this method.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.