Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day 2 Grocery Shopping

Today I went to another grocery store in our area called Bloom. They are a normal grocery store but they do have a small section of organics so I decided to see what I could find there. I was going to go to a Healthway store but we are new to this area and I didn't really know if I could find the way there. Anyhoo, today I picked up:

2 boxs Vans GF frozen waffles (1 regular, 1 blueberry)
1 box Envirokids Gorrilla Munch Cereal
1 box Envirokids Koala Crunch Cereal
1 box Envirokids Crispy Rice Bars (Berry Flavor)
2 boxes Ians GF fish sticks
1 bag Glutino pretzels
2 cartons of Silk soymilk fortified for kids (vanilla)

Total Cost: $43 (ouch!) Cha-Ching! Wow, I don't know if this stuff would be any cheaper at the Healthway or any other health food store but I'll have to make my way to those stores next weekend to compare prices. If not, it doesn't matter really. If this diet works, every penny is worth it :)

The only two things that I really wanted to pick up today that I couldn't find were the GF pasta, preferably the Tinkyada brand and Vegan cheese. I talked with a store associate and they are actually supposed to carry the Tinkyada but she helped me look and it was not there. She said that maybe it is a new product to their store and something happened with warehouse shipping and hopefully it will be there next time. For now, Austin will have to do without the cheese until I can find it somewhere. The store also carried several GF baking mixes and flours but like I mentioned earlier, Austin just isn't picky enough yet for me to have to experiment with those, although I would like to try the GF brownie mix some time soon for a treat.

No comments: