Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Terrible Twos and he's still ONE

I told my friends that therapy has become a nightmare. Austin has decided that he doesn't want to be forced to do anything (ie..sign for "more" or "all done" or complete tasks). When we try to get him to do things in sessions, if he doesn't want to than he throws temper tantrums where he lays on the floor screaming and kicking his legs. This really has me worried and I don't like it but for now I guess I am going to chalk it up to those terrible twos. Going forward, we are going to implement more structured routines daily and incorporate more signs into his "vocabulary".

Also, not to be pessimistic but we have seen no big improvements on this diet either. Things like this are hard when you are not having a good day.

1 comment:

tcd said...

Small steps, J. Remember it can take up to a year for the gluten to completely leave his system. And remember the one thing you said a few posts back - you have learned to read labels and are feeding Austin a healthy diet.

Hang in there. It will be worth it. The more you do it the easier it gets.

Thomas