Tuesday, October 16, 2007

YUM-O!


I finally got around to making those Mexican chalupas (See Sept. 28th post for recipe) and they were so yummy! They had great flavor and literally took less than 30 min. to cook. The original recipe did not call for corn but I had a small can on hand so I mixed that in. I really think they would have been even better if I had topped them with either guacamole or just plain avacado slices and lettuce but I didn't have that on hand so maybe next time. This is just easy for the little ones to eat and puts a little variety into ground beef.

Austin did not have a whole chalupa though; he had smaller tortilla chips mixed in with his. But mine was prettier so that pic is what you get!

2 comments:

N said...

you changed the picture! Was this one Austin's or did you make it again?

Unknown said...

I did; I realized you couldn't really see what the meat mixture looked like piled on with all that cheese. I also think it's pretty terrible that I was posting a pic covered in cheese in a CF blog! This was my leftover lunch today.